Friday, September 24, 2010

Charice on GLEE Season 2!


Charice, the 18-year-old girl, whose singing
career rocketed after appearing on Ellen DeGeneres’ and Oprah Winfrey’s talk shows, in short she can be called as a "LUCKY BEING." I am not really a fan of Charice nor a hater but I'm interested on how is she gonna be on the famous TV series GLEE. When I first heard the news that she will be a GLEE cast I was like " really, huh. Let's see". and then news came up about her preparations for this show. She had her face botoxed! OH NO! she's too young for botox. haha. What did she have in her mind?! I just can't believe that an 18-year-old well skin toned little girl would want to undergo BOTOX! but I can't do anything about it. Actually I'm not a Glee fan also it's just that the idea of having Charice on a musical and television phenomena(GLEE) aroused my interest and questions popped up on my mind. Like, what will be her role? Is she one of the lead actresses? haha. Then the day came, the pilot episode of GLEE season 2 and Charice's debut as Sunshine Corazon the exchange student from the Philippines , just like what Rachelle Berry (being played by Lea Michele) said when they were in the girl's comfort room. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed on how Charice performed in front of the camera, it was like she was feeling awkward while acting. WEIRD! haha. And after few seconds of disappointment on her acting skills I just realized that I'm having a goosebump all over me while Charice was having a duet with Lea Michelle,singing Telephone (by Lady GAGA and Beyonce ). In fairness to her (Charice) she's really good in singing I mean REALLY GOOD! It's her voice that I like. haha. And when she sang Beyonce's Listen, OH MY! I couldn't recognize myself anymore as a person who's not into her. haha. I felt excited to every lyrics that she'll say, in that part of the show, I couldn't take my eyes and ears off the television. haha. Charice's voice is really AMAZING! And as the episode goes I was kinda disappointed that Charice might not be one of the lead actresses in the musical and televison phenomena series (GLEE). And it made me asked myself and doubt at the same time, is Charice really that famous in the US just like what the news are saying here in the Philippines or is she just a "LUCKY BEING" who got the chance to meet DeGeneres and Winfrey? Not all "LUCKY BEINGS" are famous some are just lucky at a time. Will we still get to see Sunshine Corazon on the other episodes?  Overall, I liked GLEE's first episode for this season . Honestly, Im not a Gleek on season one but I've got to watched some episodes of it and now, I might be one because I want to give the benefit of the doubt for Charice. I'm not her critique I'm just CURIOUS.  We'll see! And for Charice's debut performance as an "actress", it's just like a so-so ( not so good, not so bad) but she definitely needs lots of workshop when it comes to her acting skills. And for her singing, 'twas SUPERB! I'm not her ( Charice's)fan still, but I still want to see her perform as Sunshine Corazon, the exchange student from the Philippines. And oh, before I forgot, my dad who's really her fan just said that " Charice is really putting the Filipinos' pride to the top." 

Listed are some of the songs featured from Glee season 2 ep.1:
  • Empire State of Mind  (originally by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys) – Full Cast
  • Telephone  (originally by Lady Gaga and Beyonce) – Charice and Lea Michele
  • Billionaire  (originally by Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars) – Chord Overstreet, Kevin McHale and the guys
  • Listen  (originally by Beyonce from the movie Dreamgirls) – Charice
  • What I Did For Love  (originally from the Broadway show A Chorus Line) – Lea Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment